• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wish me luck I start my treatment with KDM on Monday

Gingergrrl

Hi @Riverview Thank you for posting all the updates and it sounds like you are adapting well to your new treatment!

I have also been getting Methyl B-12 injections 3x/wk at home (prescribed by my Dr from a compounding pharmacy) and they are not painful at all so it was interesting when the nurse told you they were "Infused with oil." Maybe the ones in Belgium are different than those in the U.S.?

I have had three shots total so far and my only side effect is that a tiny part of my arm turns red/pink from the dye in the B-12 right where I had the injection but by the next day it is gone. I called the pharmacist and he said this is common and not to worry about it.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi @Riverview...
I have also been getting Methyl B-12 injections 3x/wk at home (prescribed by my Dr from a compounding pharmacy) and they are not painful at all so it was interesting when the nurse told you they were "Infused with oil." Maybe the ones in Belgium are different than those in the U.S.? ...

Yes, the ones in the US are different and not painful.

Sushi

P.S. (edit) ask them to add some lidocaine to the injection. They have suggested this to patients in the past.

Last edited:

RML

Yes @Riverview i am asking for this tomorrow as well. i should have done it by now. But everyday I seem to be asking something, so don't want to bombard them with questions all at once.