Phoenix Rising is an organization created by patients for patients, and volunteers play a critical role in our ability to serve the ME/CFS community. Our goal is to empower the ME/CFS community, and volunteering is one way to do that.
When you volunteer, not only do you get to make a difference in perhaps the most poorly served illness community, but if you’ve been sidelined by this illness you’ll get a chance to dust off your skills and put them to work again.
We encourage you to give Phoenix Rising a try. We’re focusing on providing information that people with ME/CFS need to make a difference with their illness, and producing online programs that support the ME/CFS community. In order to achieve those goals we’ll need everything from IT support to fundraising, management and organizational support.
People with ME/CFS, people who are caregivers, or others who support our work, are all invited to volunteer. If you have ME/CFS then maintaining your health is our priority, and we ask that that it be your priority as well. We work around your health, not through it. We’ll work with you to create a volunteer option that works for you.
If you’re interested in developing cutting-edge ways to support the ME/CFS community, then Phoenix Rising is a place you probably want to be!
- Web Work – Web technology is a big emphasis for us. We are looking for web programmers (PHP in particular), database professionals, designers, system administrators, ‘social networkers’, etc. to enhance and support our current programs, develop new ones and scout out new possibilities.
- Fundraising and Marketing – Phoenix Rising is a very lean organization, and we can and do get a lot done with a little money. That said, help with fundraising and marketing could reap huge dividends for us – and, we believe, for the ME/CFS community.
- Forum Moderating/Technical Assistance – The forums are the heart of Phoenix Rising and we’re always looking for moderators to help us maintain a safe forum environment, and technicians to support and expand the possibilities of our Forum package.
- Content Providers – Phoenix Rising is always looking for accurate, objective content that provides cogent summaries, analyses and editorials of ME/CFS research, treatment and advocacy issues.
- Non-Profit Administration and Management – People with a background in non-profit administration could greatly help us with management, long -range planning, etc.
- Media and Design – Some of our projects will require design and video skills. CSS experience, photo and video editing are three areas that could make a major difference for us.
- Legal Advice – As Phoenix Rising grows, legal advice is becoming more and more important and is a vital need.
- Other Skills – Got another skill you think might help out? Let us know!
- Phoenix Rising Opportunities – P;ease contact us here to find out more about volunteering.
Our Volunteers and Their Work
- Check out what some of our volunteers have been up to.