Phoenix Rising is an organization created by patients, for patients. Therefore, volunteers play a critical role in our ability to serve the ME/CFS community. Our goal is to empower the ME/CFS community, and providing volunteer opportunities is one way we do that.
When you volunteer, not only do you get to make a difference in perhaps the most poorly served illness community, but if you’ve been sidelined by this illness you’ll get a chance to dust off your skills and put them to work again.
We encourage you to give Phoenix Rising a try. We’re focusing on providing information that people with ME/CFS need to make a difference with their illness, and producing online services that support the ME/CFS community. In order to achieve those goals, we need everything from forum support to content providers to fundraising and management.
People with ME/CFS, people who are caregivers, or others who support our work, are all invited to volunteer. If you have ME/CFS, then maintaining your health is our priority, and we ask that that it be your priority as well. We work around your health, not through it. We’ll work with you to create a volunteer option that works for you.
There are many ways to volunteer:
- Discussion Forum Support – We’re always looking for Forum Support Assistants to help us maintain a safe discussion forum environment. Some Forum Support Assistants go on to become moderators.
- Content Providers – Phoenix Rising is always looking for accurate, objective content that provides cogent summaries, interviews, and analyses of ME/CFS research, treatment and advocacy issues.
- Tech support – Although our WordPress and Xenforo websites are stable, we occasionally need people who can look after them and evaluate proposals for improvement.
- Non-Profit Charity Administration – People with a background in fundraising or non-profit administration could greatly help us by joining our board of directors. Phoenix Rising is a very lean organization, and we can and do get a lot done with very little money. That said, any help with fundraising or non-profit administration could reap huge dividends for us — and, we believe, for the ME/CFS community.
- Other Skills – Got another skill you think might help out? Let us know!
How do I learn more?
Please contact us here to find out more about volunteering.