2010 – PANDORA wins in a contest in which all the non-profits, small and large, were lumped together…as is occurring this year.
Chase Rules – Simplified :)
- @$500 – Simply by accepting the nomination and providing Chase with suitable documents – each non-profit will win maybe $500 ($2.5 million/# of charities in the contest).
- $10,000 – bottom 100 charities – based on past history this is where ME/CFS organizations can hope to place.
- $20,000 – next 50
- $50, 000 – next 35
- $100,000 – next 10
- $250,000 – top vote getter
Once an organization enters and win the contest it cannot enter again; if it enters and lose it can enter the contest next year (provided there is a contest).
Two Different Types of Voters..
- Chase Customers – This year Chase customers without a Facebook account can vote on www.Chasegiving.com……for two organizations…
- Facebook – anyone on Facebook who ‘allows access’ to the Chase Giving Application will get two votes for two organizations..Facebook users vote here Plus Facebook users can earn a bonus vote
- Chase Customers and Facebook Users – can vote a maximum of five times; three for one organization….
The Big ‘Bonus Vote’
The Bonus Vote could make the difference in Chase for Phoenix Rising because getting one is fairly complicated – which means that most groups probably won’t do it well – which means that if we master the Bonus vote strategy our chances of winning go up dramatically. The Bonus vote potentially is a third of the entire vote.
- Facebook users can earn one (1) bonus vote by allowing “Access” and sharing any content from the Chase Community Giving application (ie Phoenix Rising’s Chase Profile page) to his/her Facebook newsfeed or timeline.
- Then if one of that Facebook users’ Facebook Friends links back to the Chase Community Giving Application and casts a vote, the original Facebook user will earn one (1) bonus vote err…
To get the vote – put Phoenix Rising or another group on your Timeline or Newsfeed and then have a friend vote for them on Facebook.
Each person gets one bonus vote maximum…People who get a bonus vote will be informed of that on their Facebook page.
Maximum Number of Votes for an ME/CFS Organization
- 3 Votes – An organization could earn three votes from a person who is a Chase customer, who is on Facebook and who uses their bonus votes for them.
- 2 Votes – An organization can earn two votes from someone on Facebook who votes for us and uses their bonus votes for them.
- 1 Vote – An organization earns 1 vote from someone on Facebook or Chase who votes for them one time.