Ampligen Resource Center
FROM PHOENIX RISING
- Ampligen on the Clock: Hemispherx’s ‘Complete Response’ Means Ball is in FDA’s Court Now - Hemispherx’s quick response means we will know if Ampligen becomes the first FDA approved drug for ME/CFS by the end of January, 2013.
- Major Move From FDA Puts Ampligen Back on Track (July 2012) - in a major turnaround the FDA relaxes its requirement for more expensive studies and agrees to review the drug using past data clearing the way for a possible approval at the end of this year.
- Ampligen Study Sparks Hope for FDA Approval of First Drug for CFS (March 2012) - Hemispherx came out with a study using old (old) data that nevertheless showed Ampligen is safe and quite effective, relative to other drugs, in increasing endurance.
- Dr. Peterson Talks on Ampligen, Autoimmunity, Pathogens and Simmaron – Dr. Peterson on Ampligen plus three patient stories
- The Ampligen Chronicles - in entertaining, at times side-splitting fashion, Kelvin Lord tracks his progress on Ampligen from a highly disabled person with chronic fatigue syndrome to…..
- Dr. Lapp – A Pioneer and Patriarch: An Interview by Kelvin Lord - Ampligen recipient Kelvin Lord talks with a doctor with intimate knowledge of Ampligen.
Website – Overviews and More
- Ampligen – An overview…what it does….what ME/CFS physicians think of it….past studies…cost…the works!
- Ampligen: Effectiveness – we take a close look at just how effective Ampligen is in CFS…
- Ampligen: Twisted History – the story of Ampligen and Hemispherx is a long and tangled on.
- Rintatolimod (aka Ampligen) on Trial - CFIDS Association covers the 2012 PLoS One study
- Hemispherx BioPharma Website - Hemispherx Biopharma is the company that produces Ampligen (Rintatolimod)
- Hemispherx and Chronix present data on diagnostic test at IACFS/ME Conference in Ottawa (Oct, 2011)
- Hemispherx files joint patent with Chronix to produce diagnostic test for chronic fatigue syndrome (March, 2011)
- Ampligen and CFS – Links to Ampligen News to 1998
- The New Ampligen Diaries - Kelvin Lord’s entertaining reviews of his experience of a year on Ampligen
- Four Patient Stories – presented 1998 at AACFS Conference
- Mary Schweitzer’s 1999 Testimony
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized, clinical trial of the TLR-3 agonist rintatolimod in severe cases of chronic fatigue syndrome. Strayer DR, Carter WA, Stouch BC, Stevens SR, Bateman L, Cimoch PJ, Lapp CW, Peterson DL; Chronic Fatigue Syndrome AMP-516 Study Group, Mitchell WM.PLoS One. 2012;7(3):e31334. Epub 2012 Mar 14.
- Clin Infect Dis. 1994 Jan;18 Suppl 1:S88-95. A controlled clinical trial with a specifically configured RNA drug, poly(I).poly(C12U), inchronic fatigue syndrome
- In Vivo. 1994 Jul-Aug;8(4):599-604. Changes in the 2-5A synthetase/RNase L antiviral pathway in a controlled clinical trial with poly(I)-poly(C12U) in chronic fatigue syndrome
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1993 Jun 23;685:756-7. RNA drug therapy acting via the 2-5A synthetase/RNase L pathway. Suhadolnik RJ, Reichenbach NL, Hitzges PM, Ablashi DV, Strayer DR, Carter WA.